Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Carpe Diem

yes do like same i do when i bored alot alot because of lesson and other things
GET A CAMERA GO OUT AND CARPE DIEM :D

- rizka - wrote:
> Gut, danke
> merhaba
>
> i'm fine, but just get bored because of the same routinity i've done...
> do you have any idea how to refresh my mind?
> :D
>
> Mithi wrote:
> > terime kasih
> >
> > i am okey still alive at least :D i was in another city for some research it made me so tired ..what about you i hope everything is ok
I woke up this morning normally at 6.45, then ironing my clothes and then took a bath. While i was taking a bath, suddenly this kind of random thought came into my mind. It was "Carpe Diem".

CARPE DIEM

Meaning

Usually translated from the Latin as 'seize the day', or sometimes as 'enjoy the day, pluck the day when it is ripe'.

Origincarpe diem

The origin source for the Latin phrase is Horace - in Odes Book I:

Dum loquimur, fugerit invida
Aetas: carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

which translates as:

While we're talking, envious time is fleeing: seize the day, put no trust in the future

Then i remember bout an old email which was sent by an old friend. A Turk who studies master degree in Germany. We met in social networking site. He's fond of Latin and photography. And he used to teach me some phrases in Turkish. Unfortunately, i lost contact. Last thing i know bout him is he was in the middle of sea something due to his study.

Anyway, thanks to you Mithi, who teaches me those word and particularly the "Carpe Diem" term.

No comments: